|GARMIN Montana 700/700i/750i Firmware Upgrades
The following lists of changes are based on information provided by GARMIN. Changes or improvements which we consider important or especially useful are shown highlighted.
To view the current firmware version, complete the following steps:
- Turn on the GPS.
- Open the main menu by touching the home symbol (house icon at the bottom left).
- Touch "Setup".
- Scroll down to the bottom of the list and touch "About".
- The software version will be shown on the first line, the unit ID on the second line, followed by other information.
Each upgrade replaces the complete firmware in the GPS, which means you need to install only the version you wish to apply. There is no need to install any previous versions.
Changes made from version 6.40 to 7.10:
- Added support for starting navigation from the Explore app.
- Added support for composing a message to an address received in an inReach text message (Montana 700i and 750i).
- Added German sharp ß (eszett) as a hold key option for lower case s on the keyboard.
- Added ability to disable barometer.
- Added the ability to sort tracks in the track manager by whether or not they are shown on the map.
- Improved data sizing of large data fields.
- Fixed issue where weather map would not center on currently active location.
- Fixed issue with highlight when selecting a track to review.
- Fixed issues that could occur when adding new weather locations.
- Fixed issue with warning message when minimum ascent routing type is selected but not supported by current maps.
- Fixed issue that could occur when Virb Remote is set as a favorite.
- Fixed issue with compass heading setting not persisting though a power down.
- Fixed issue with setting of Virb Remote camera settings.
- Fixed issue causing inconsistent round trip routing distance estimates.
- Fixed issue with custom waypoint symbol drawing.
Firmware Upgrade V7.10 (Connect your device with your Wi-Fi or use GARMIN Express or Web-Updater to install the latest firmware)
Changes made from version 5.30 to 6.40:
- Added a lock icon on confirmation pages to clarify auto-lock status.
- Added configurable fields on the corners of the map page.
- Added a 'note' option for logging geocaches.
- Added the ability for the measure distance function to start at any point.
- Added Rain mode to Touch Sensitivity settings.
- Added custom patterned lines for other road types.
- Added wifi icon flash on status page/status bar when wifi is enabled but not connected.
- Improved map drawing times.
- Improved filename time formats.
- Improved inReach activation prompts.
- Improved swiping on the status page.
- Fixed issue with the wifi status not updating.
- Fixed issue with 'track up' and 'north up' map orientations.
- Fixed issue with manual route transitions.
- Fixed issue with the tabs/status bar flashing on the geocache page.
- Fixed issue with zoom levels on round trip routing pages.
- Fixed issue with getting a false max number of photos exceeded message.
- Fixed issue with Explore sync and map settings.
- Fixed display issue with CIQ apps and widgets in landscape orientation.
- Fixed issue with auto-zoom on the weather map.
- Fixed issue with copy-as-reversed fit activity stats.
- Fixed issue with truncation of a data field on the trip computer page.
- Fixed issue with mounting SD cards formatted on Mac computers.
- Fixed possible shutdowns when using Birdseye imagery.
- Fixed Express sync errors due to empty current activity file.
- Fixed 'off road' label for routes that were not off road.
- Fixed issues with geocaches not showing up when attempting to program a chirp.
- Fixed issues with truncated translations.
- Fixed issue with overlapping text in the geocache info box.
- Fixed issue with the 'Go' button not appearing on some routes.
- Fixed issue with geocache filters turning back on automatically.
- Fixed a potential for a shutdown on the map page.
- Fixed issue with adding Via points.
- Fixed issue with flashing in the photo viewer.
- Fixed issue with potential shutdowns when navigating tracks.
- Fixed display issue with lock icon not showing up on secure wifi networks in night mode.
- Fixed an issue that could lead to a shutdown when sorting photos by date in photo viewer.
- Fixed issue with geocache proximity alarm causing slow start up times with .ggz files loaded.
- Fixed issue with slow start up after deleting .ggz files.
- Fixed issue with the widget page indicators occasionally blinking on the status page.
- Fixed issue with text alignment for inReach messages.
- Fixed issue where touchscreen firmware could fail to load. Firmware will continue to load without needing user input on the next power cycle.
Firmware Upgrade V6.40 (Connect your device with your Wi-Fi or use GARMIN Express or Web-Updater to install the latest firmware)
Changes made from version 4.20 to 5.30:
- Added persistence of Units settings within profiles.
- Improved map movement when auto zooming and moving while navigating.
- Fixed various translation issues.
- Fixed issue with map drag when starting drag in a dashboard.
- Fixed issues with hourly temperature display in Active Weather.
- Fixed issues with position format setting string precision.
- Fixed issue with geocache log length restriction in keyboard.
- Fixed issue with display of ETE data fields on trip computer.
- Fixed issue with 'send' button when programming a chirp and sending a geocache.
- Fixed potential time zone issue when selecting a day in the Calendar.
- Fixed issue with Explore Waypoints having incorrect times.
- Fixed issue with night time speed limits showing incorrectly.
- Fixed issue where destination would incorrectly change if switching routing calculation method while direct routing.
- Fixed issue where invalid characters where being allowed in Activity names.
- Fixed issue with Bluetooth pairing for some iPhone models.
Firmware Upgrade V5.30 (Connect your device with your Wi-Fi or use GARMIN Express or Web-Updater to install the latest firmware)
Changes made from version 3.10 to 4.20:
- Added Collections Manager.
- Added confirmation prompt to 'Reposition Here' for a waypoint in waypoint manager.
- Added red led blink when battery is low.
- Added page indicator to trip computer when trip computer has more than one page of data fields.
- Added support for the additional waypoints part of a geocache to be downloaded via geocaching live.
- Added geocache proximity alerts.
- Added battery percentage to the status bar.
- Improved birdseye download speed and speed estimates.
- Improved inReach contact selection indication.
- Improved keyboard to auto-shift after newline is entered.
- Improved ability to touch north arrow on map.
- Improved mark waypoint page.
- Fixed various translation issues.
- Fixed page flow issue after exiting wifi page after having accessed it via the status page.
- Fixed issue with 'View Map' from the route planner elevation plot.
- Fixed issue causing duplicate birdseye downloads to show up in the birdseye list.
- Fixed issues with automatic wifi toggling on flashlight page.
- Fixed issue with map zoom level resetting after having accessed active weather from the status page.
- Fixed geocache name and icon overlap in geocache dashboard.
- Fixed tide chart UI issues.
- Fixed issue where power button would initiate navigation when viewing Chirp information.
- Fixed label centering on keyboard.
- Fixed issues with photo viewer.
Firmware Upgrade V4.20 (Connect your device with your Wi-Fi or use GARMIN Express or Web-Updater to install the latest firmware)
Changes made from version 3.00 to 3.10:
- Initial release.
Firmware Upgrade V3.10 (Connect your device with your Wi-Fi or use GARMIN Express or Web-Updater to install the latest firmware)
||Very rugged, portable, multi-functional GPS devices with excellent, extra large color display featuring multi-touch. Highly suited as hand held devices and as navigation devices in vehicles. Fast switching between different user interfaces and operation modes through adjustable profiles, shortcuts and dashboards. Built-in base map and pre-installed map TopoActive Europe which supports auto-routing. Electronic 3D compass, barometrical altimeter, optional heart rate
and cadence sensor, support for WiFi, Geocaching Live, Active Weather, Connect IQ, Live Tracking, USB interface, slot for optional µSD memory card, auto-routing and round-trip calculation, see detailed description.