|Navigation software with detailed map of Canada
Various map products - street maps and topographic maps - for Canada rsp. North America (Canada and USA).
Contents: Coverage - Features - Prices - Examples - Order
(Click on the image for an enlargement)
These products provide very detailed street maps rsp. topographic maps of Canada rsp. North America, see examples below. They provide all features described under MapSource, which are:
- Basic features: Manage GPS data on a PC, exchange data between a PC and a GPS device (see note).
- Significant increase of the level of details: If there is a built-in map, then these maps will overlay the built-in map. Outside these maps, the built-in map is still available. Most GPS devices support enabling and disabling maps, so you can easily switch between different maps. If your GPS device supports profiles, then you can bind different maps to different profiles.
- Extended search functions: Find addresses (town, street and street number), intersections, points of interest, such as restaurants, hotels, attractions, entertainment, shopping, services, transportation, emergency and government addresses, coordinates etc.
- Autorouting on the GPS: The maps of these products support the autorouting feature of the GPS models which are capable of computing routes.
- Autorouting on a PC: Computes routes on a computer. These routes can be transferred to a GPS device (see note).
- Map areas: The maps are divided into a number of areas. Depending on the amount of memory available in the GPS device, one or more areas can be transferred to any GARMIN GPS device that supports maps (CDrom and DVD). If you buy a µSD/SD memory card, then the complete map is available on the GPS instantly.
- Packaging: One CDrom or DVD including customer code to receive free unlock code or one µSD memory card with µSD-to-SD adapter. Does not include a cable for data exchange, if you need such a connection cable, see our selection of options.
- System Requirements: See here (CDrom and DVD)
Note: City Navigator North America is available on two different media: DVD and µSD/SD memory card. What are the differences ?
- The CDrom/DVD has the advantage that if you install the map on a computer, it will automatically also install the program MapSource, which
supports data exchange between a computer and a GPS device plus computing of a route (autorouting). If you buy the map on a memory card,
you have to install the program BaseCamp, which is available for download free of charge, in order to get the same features,
see MapSource versus BaseCamp. On the other hand,
the maps must be unlocked for a particular GPS device - for most products (e.g. City Navigator) you can unlock the maps for only one device,
for some products (e.g. Swiss Topo) for two devices. In addition, the detailed maps must be transferred from the computer to the GPS device,
which might require a significant amount of time, depending on the amount of data that you wish to transfer. For most maps, updates are available
on an approximately quarterly basis (charges may apply).
- The µSD/SD memory card has the advantage that the maps are immediately available as soon as you plug in the memory card. In addition,
you may use the maps on any number of devices, but only on one device at the time. The GPS has to have a SD or microSD slot. The data is stored
on a µSD memory card, but an µSD-to-SD adapter is included. No updates are available for maps stored on µSD/SD memory cards.
If the DVD does not include the latest version of the maps when you buy it, then you are entitled to download a free update to the most recent version within 60 days after purchase. You will be notified about the update when you register the map at my.garmin.com during the unlock process.
Support for devices, which cannot handle NT maps ended in 2009. There are no map products available for older models such as the GARMIN Quest or the StreetPilot III.
|µSD/SD memory card City Navigator Canada NT
| µSD/SD memory card City Navigator North America NT
|CDrom Topo Canada
|Additional topographic maps of Canada on request.
GARMIN offers electronic travel guides with more detailed infomation about points of interests as supplements to the street maps.
|SD memory card with travel guide Fodor's North America
Canada and USA
The images below show examples of the maps described above. Click on the images for an enlargement.
|Overview west Canada with route from Vancouver via Banff and Jasper national park to Dawson
|Overview central Canada with route from Montreal to Calgary
|Overview east Canada
|Montreal and vicinity
|Quebec and vicinity
|Toronto and vicinity
|Center of Montreal
|Center of Quebec
|Center of Toronto
|Whitehorse and vicinity
|Vancouver and vicinity
|Dawson and vicinity
|Center of Whitehorse
|Center of Vancouver
|Center of Dawson
To order GARMIN MapSource products for Canada rsp. North America please:
- Click on the price or the shopping basket symbol to add the item you wish to purchase to the shopping basket.
- If the shopping basket does not work, please use this form.
Please read our terms and conditions.
Specifications and packaging of the products are subject to change without notice.