|GARMIN MapSource Topo France
||Navigation software with detailed topographic map of France
The topographic map of France is available in five different versions: France North-East, France North-West, France South-East, France South-West and France Full. Every map comes on DVD for installation on a computer and on µSD/SD memory card for immediate use on any compatible GARMIN GPS.
Contents: Coverage - Features - Prices - Examples - Order
For a detailed description click on the area in the image above.
The departements 75,77,78,91-95 (Paris and vicinity) are covered by the area north-west as well as north-east.
These products provide a very detailed topographic map of France or a part of France, see examples below. They are shipped on two different media: DVD and µSD/SD memory card.
The DVD allows you to install the map on a computer and to manage data such as waypoints, routes and travelled paths (tracks). In addition, you may exchange data between computers and GPS devices.
You may insert the µSD/SD memory card into any GPS device with an SD or µSD slot. The map is ready to use as soon as you insert the memory card into the GPS. You may use the map on as many devices as you like, but - of course - not at the same time. The maps are stored on a µSD memory card, but a µSD-to-SD adapter is included. You may also use the map on a computer, if the free software BaseCamp is installed and the GPS is connected with the computer using a USB cable, see MapSource versus BaseCamp. If your computer has a slot for SD cards, you may insert the memory card into the computer directly, which provides faster access to the map.
If you insert the memory card into a GPS device, its functionality will be enhanced as follows:
- Significant increase of the level of details: If there is a built-in map, then the map of France will overlay the built-in map. Outside France, the built-in map is still available. Most GPS devices support enabling and disabling maps, so you can easily switch between different maps. If your GPS device supports profiles, then you can bind different maps to different profiles.
- Extended search functions: Find points of interest, such as restaurants, hotels, attractions, entertainment, shopping, services, transportation, plus emergency and government addresses, but also geographic features such as mountains, lakes, rivers etc.
- Autorouting on the GPS: The maps of these products support the autorouting feature of the GPS models which are capable of computing routes.
If you install the software on a computer or connect the GPS with a computer rsp. insert the memory card in a computer where BaseCamp is installed, you can use the following features:
- Basic features: Manage GPS data on a PC, exchange data between a PC and a GPS device.
- Autorouting on a PC: Computes routes on a computer and provides elevation profiles of such routes. These routes can be transferred to a GPS device.
- Map on computer: Topographic map of France, shows elevation contours and natural features plus official hiking and biking routes.
- Disk space: Requires approx. 2 GB for a installation of Topo France Full, approx. 0.5 GB for a part of France.
System requirements for installation from DVD see here. This product does not include a cable for data exchange with a PC. If you need such a connection cable, see our selection of options.
A very helpful supplement to the program MapSource is the software GARMIN BaseCamp, see www.garmin.com/support/mappingsw.jsp. This is especially true if you are using a GPS from one of the following model series: Colorado, Dakota, Montana, Oregon or GPSmap 62.
Hint: Click on the images for an enlargement.
||Directions for a route
||Includes the departments:
- Ariège (09)
- Aveyron (12)
- Charente (16)
- Charente-Maritime (17)
- Corrèze (19)
- Creuse (23)
- Dordogne (24)
- Haute-Garonne (31)
- Gers (32)
- Gironde (33)
- Landes (40)
- Lot (46)
- Lot-et-Garonne (47)
- Pyrénées-Atlantiques (64)
- Hautes-Pyrénées (65)
- Deux Sévres (79)
- Tarn (81)
- Tarn-et-Garonne (82)
- Vienne (86)
- Haute-Vienne (87)
||Gave de Larrau
||Includes the departments:
- Ain (01)
- Corse du Sud (2A)
- Corse du Nord (2B)
- Allier (03)
- Alpes de Haute Provence (04)
- Hautes Alpes (05)
- Pes Maritimes (06)
- Ardèche (07)
- Aude (11)
- Bouches-du-Rhône (13)
- Cantal (15)
- Drôme (26)
- Gard (30)
- Hérault (34)
- Isère (38)
- Loire (42)
- Haute-Loire (43)
- Lozère (48)
- Puy-de-Dôme (63)
- Pyrénées Orientales (66)
- Rhône (69)
- Savoie (73)
- Hautes Savoie (74)
- Var (83)
- Vaucluse (84)
To order GARMIN MapSource maps of France please:
- Click on the price or the shopping basket symbol to add the item you wish to purchase to the shopping basket.
- If the shopping basket does not work, please use this form.
Please read our terms and conditions.
Specifications and packaging of the products are subject to change without notice.